Monday, September 6, 2010

Short and sweet

This posting is a prelude to another that I would like to write when Ive got more time... I recently started an Anthropology class, and of course in my mind I find ways to connect food and anthropology.  The sharing of cultures through food...sounds delicious! Kibbeh is an example of this.  For those of who do not know, Kibbeh is a Lebanese dish, consisting of raw lamb, wheat germ, and possibly onions and other seasonings...and it was actually very good, just dont think that youre eating raw meat!
I would like to write more about the experiences we have had with trying new foods and cultures and if any of you have good stories to tell we invite you to share them as well!

2 comments:

  1. Y'know you wanna make some Jewish food with me, if only for the jokes you could make at my expense. We can make some delicious dessert with a funny name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a part of this experience. Not sure I could handle Kibbeh if someone told me what it was before I ate it. I'm okay with trying new things, but if it's something that might make me squeamish, I'm better off not knowing what is in it.

    ReplyDelete